Saturday, October 18, 2008

Only You (God)...


Hello to all my dear friends... my last post was about understanding my draw to those God is leading me to minister too. I must state this understanding always is developing into something that appears to me overwhelming to complete or even start. Hey I am just saying that I know my tendencies and that I am a person that doubts himself, just being honest. However I do know this that no matter my tendencies and even the doubt of myself fades away to the assurance of the Lord that He will complete what He started within me (Phil. 1:6).

In the last few weeks had been a whirlwind of emotions of personal and ministry related issues that I am walking through. Not to add on top of those issues being a transitional period in life of where to go to graduate school, finding suitable employment and being proactive in finding a helpmate. So I have been drawn into the music and the lyric simplicity of David Crowder. I will say this with emphatic tone, this man is blessed by God in his music and lyric writing. I am come to be in awe of God's gifting in this young man, hear me rightly... I praise God for his ability not David Crowder. Though David has been obedient to use it rightly unto God. Anyways, the song that puts everything into perspective for me is Only You. The lyrics I have added to this post. I encourage you as I have been doing, reading, listening and making this a prayer to God for Him to take control no matter what the outcome may be in our situations. I am confident that it will bless you.

One thing I am learning is breath deeper and knowing that God is closer than I think.



Only You, by David Crowder (Illuminate)

Take my heart, I Lay it down

At the feet of you whose crowned

Take my life, I’m letting go

I lift it up to You who’s throned


And I will worship You, Lord

Only You, Lord

And I will bow down before You

Only You Lord


Take my fret, take my fear

All I have, I’m leaving here

Be all my hopes, be all my dreams

Be all my delights, be my everything


And It’s just you and me here now

Only you and me here now


You should see the view

When it’s only You



No comments: