Friday, September 14, 2007

I Will Never Understand

I must say that people amaze me each and every day. I currently work in a quick service restaurant name to be left unnamed. I encounter people on a daily basis that are complete clueless in what they want to order to eat. I am not a rocket scientist but when you go to a place to eat, you should have a idea of what you want to eat, not just show up and spend a half hour deciding over a combo #1 or a combo #2 because you are unsure of the calorie count of the two meals. If you are like this person get a clue, order something and shut it!!!! Sorry if that seems harsh, but it is the truth anybody that has work in this industry know s what I am talking about, there are many more instances that can be discussed, but I will not bring anymore hateful memories, though there is one incident I must speak on... This next incident speaks of how awkward of a position we place others.

The story goes as this. I was working one night it was about 8:45 to 9 pm, the place of my employment gets a phone call asking, the question that drives all night employees crazy, what time to you close. The person that ask that question also ask if I was working, after the manager confirmed that I was indeed working, the manger showed me the name on the caller id. I look at the name did not compute right away. Then when I had a moment to think I remember it was a Pastor from the local area. The manger told me it must have been the Pastors wife calling. I thought sweet deal i have seen the Pastor and his wife for some time. about a half hour passes. She shows not with her husband, but with two of her girlfriends. I initially did not think much of it, due the fact we were flat hopping that night at work(we were heck of busy). I got a moment to speak with the Pastor's wife briefly, during the conversation she leaned closer to me to state that one of the young ladies that were with her saw my profile on one of the dating websites. And this young lady wanted to know if I was still in the process of dating. Seems not to be a big deal, right?

Well, it is for several reasons, one being that from my perspective that environment to introduce one to another for a dating experience is not kosher. The second, is why did not this girl write to me on that website, never got a message. Third, is showed me that this young lady was desperate for a date, or even a wham bam thank you mam relationship like it was 1999 when the world was suppose to end. Another fact that ought to be pointed out was that they waited in the restaurant for about a half hour to wait to talk to me, but like I stated we were busy, I just could not get a away. Even when I had a brief moment I used it to relieve my self and gather my thoughts on what I would say. As soon as I was about to speak with them I was needed in the drive-thru. Then shortly after that they left.


My issue is not entirely on them coming into the place where I work, though that did seem to corner me to make some kind of decision on the spot. It is like trapping a wild tiger in a corner, all he is trying to do is get away, but when he senses his life in jeopardy h will attack. I not saying I was going to attack them in a verbal assault. But my words probably would not be a soft as they possibly could be. Then I had another dilemma I have a particular interest in the women I seek for a relationship. I prefer women of differing ethnicity. I am not saying their are not women of my own ethnicity that I would not mind dating, but I have my own preference. So my question how do you tell a young lady that is exciting in meeting you that you are not interested due to your preferences. The reason I state this is that most women want truth but when it is told to them they freak out and say that us men are not sensitive to their needs.


Well I have this experience to share and hear responses like this or just comments about your thoughts on this situation.

No comments: