Monday, January 5, 2009

Unforgettable...

Well I have been putting this post off for to long now. It is another review of a previous year that went better than I expected, but had those reliable hip-cups in life. Where to start lets go to the blessed points, then the not so blessed well as of yet... (these are not in any particular order)

Blessed....
1. New direction in working towards of being a steward of a business - Coffee House Style.
2. Ministry to the young men and women has been a blast at CFA.
3. Church life has been awesome, seeing a healthily model strive to serve the Kingdom
4. Settled on attempting a Master's in Christian Ed./maybe a Master of Business, one thing at a time.
5. Having family attending Church with me, this stokes me every Sunday. 
6. Connecting with old friends and hearing of their journey.
7. Having a mentor to help guide in life
8. Learning what is means to prudent, wow what a lesson I am learning
9. Friendships growing every day, I am a blessed man for those friends.
10. Growing in Fatah, an area I struggle

Not so Good....
1. Not in full-time youth ministry, God directs even when it is not your plan.
2. The elusive full-time gig
3. Losing friends.
4. Death in the family
5. No where limit the bleeding of debt.
6. The elusive lady friend... God bring her quickly...

Well it is sweet to see that the blessed is out weighing the not so good. I am seeing this unfolding this year is already not going how I envisioned it. I guess that is a good thing, for my plans might not really survive the test of time. I am excited in what God is doing in me at the moment, though is a bit painful, but it's implications will be for the betterment of where He is leading. I look forward to expounding on my difficulties and blessed moments as this year unfolds. Until then enjoy that cup of Joe and live in community. 

1 comment:

Casey Angulo said...

I can't wait to see what 2009 brings for you. :)